Tell us what you have learned so far about blogging every day.
Since I am a list maker and list lover I decided to approach it this way. In a list. Feel free to add yours in the comments below!
- Blogging every day works well if you have massive amounts of coffee to fuel you.
- The support and encouragement from a community who is writing along with you is vital. (Thank you especially to YeahWrite and Nano Poblano folks who have taken the time to stop by)
- While there are tons of prompts out there to use as jumping off points (like this one) it is often difficult for me to write according to a prompt. My best (IMHO) writing comes from the heart.
- Having preset days for Teapot Tuesday and Wordless Wednesday posts really help to take some of the pressure off so I am continuing those during the month.
- Having a goal is a very good incentive on Day 8. By day 30 it might feel more like a “job”. I don’t want blogging to be a job. It never was meant to be anything more than fun.
- I have discovered that there are a zillion and two blogs out there. There is no way I can possibly visit everyone’s blog and read it and give it a fair read so I hope that the Blogging Gods are leading me to ones that share a kindred spirit.
- Blogging every day has given me a bit more discipline. I tend to waste a lot of time. Knowing that I made this commitment is something that is holding me accountable. Even if no one notices if I miss a day—I know—and I don’t want to have that on my permanent record.
- Having a great Comments for a Cause recipient this month has made me feel like I need to step up my game as well. (Read about it here if you don’t know what that is all about. ) Allison is doing a great job of recruiting folks so I feel that I need to give them something worthwhile to read.
- I love my WordPress based blog and when I visit non-WordPress blogs I realize that I am on the platform that fits me and what I want to do. I love my template and my logo and don’t want to change anything at this point.
- I have learned that a list needs to have 10 things even if you don’t have anything to really put on number 10.